Duct Cleaning BenefitsRemember: what’s in your ducts winds up in your lungs. Are you ready to “breathe easy?” Call us today!
Mike Palmateer was drafted 85th overall by the Leafs in the 1974 NHL Amateur Draft. Played 356 games in the NHL, posting 149 wins against 138 losses and 52 ties while compiling a 3.53 GAA.
1980–81 – Set an NHL record for assists by a goaltender in one season (8).
The duct cleaning rule of thumb is simple: “if your ducts look dirty, they probably are.” The dirty HVAC systems should be inspected by a reputable, certified HVAC professional. Below are some other reasons homeowners choose to have NIAGARA DUCT CLEANING / AEROSEAL TECHNOLOGIES clean their air ducts.
Indoor Air Quality
Improving indoor air quality is one of the main motivating factors for homeowners investigating air duct cleaning. Simply through normal occupation of a home, a family will generate a great deal of contaminants and air pollutants in a home. In fact, in a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds (18.14 kgs) of dust is created through every day living. These contaminants are pulled into the HVAC system and recirculated an average of five to seven times a day. Your heating and cooling system act like the lungs in your home or office, taking air in and breathing it out. What’s in your ducts eventually finds its way into the air you breathe.
While dirty ducts don’t necessarily mean unhealthy air in your home, school or workplace, they may be a contributing factor to larger health issues, including harbouring contaminants that could cause serious problems for people with respiratory health conditions, autoimmune disorders or environmental allergies. Children and seniors are particularly susceptible to such pollutants, and a reason why NIAGARA DUCT CLEANING / AEROSEAL duct cleaning services can be so critical.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. Contaminants in the heating and cooling system cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use.
When NIAGARA DUCT CLEANING / AEROSEAL cleans and seals your HVAC system, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.
Did You Know?
- People breathe 30 to 35 pounds of air daily (that’s more than food and beverage consumption combined so watching what you eat is still important but what are you breathing?)
- Canadian Industry released over 4.3 billion kg of respiratory toxins in 2003
- 4 out of 10 Ontarians will get asthma by age 40. (I for CES)
- 1.4% of all deaths are attributed to air pollution. (WHO)
- In the Niagara Region, there are 100 premature deaths annually due to breathing toxic air. This is only “reporting on those who are functioning well… who have no expectation of early death” July 2006 (OMA)
- In Toronto, there are 1000 premature deaths annually and 5500 hospitalizations due to toxic air. (PH)
- 50% of all illness is caused by indoor air pollution. (EPA)
- In 2001, there was a 35% increase in daily hospitalization of children under 2 on days of elevated particulate in the air. (HC)
- Up to 90% of our time is spent indoors and indoor air is typically 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air. (EPA)
- Over 50% of homes and offices suffer from “Sick Building Syndrome”. (EPA)
- From 1985 to 1990, there was a 35% increase in prescriptions for airway drugs. (AS of C)
- From 1979 to 1998, heart disease mortality decreased by 36.6% while lung disease mortality increased by 19.3%. (ALA)
- Lung Cancer has now passed Breast Cancer as the leading form of Cancer among women. (CLA)
- In 2001, it was shown that people have a 50% greater risk of heart attack within 2 hours of exposure to elevated air pollution. (J of AHA)
No Obligation - No Pressure
No obligation. Learn how Niagara Duct Cleaning / Aeroseal Technologies can protect your ducts from dust, dirt and pollutants. Remember: what’s in your ducts winds up in your lungs. Are you ready to “breathe easy?” Call us today!